Since the 12.9" iPad Pro came out I've been living in iOS pretty much exclusively. I've sold my 13" MacBook Pro and now have a 5k iMac at the desk and an iPad for everything else.
So what did I use my MacBook for?
- Editing the blog
- Basic video editing
- Email and surfing
- Managing a To Do
This was all served very well but I was sure that I could get all of this on iOS.
iPad Pro set up
For each of the above, how have I replaced my laptop?
- Writing: switched to the Squarespace blog app and Ulysses, everything is in sync so I also use this workflow on my iPhone
- Photography: I've written up a post on this but I now use Photos, iCloud Photo Library and an SD card reader
- Editing the blog: Can't change the design on iOS but can post anything I want
- Basic video editing: iMovie is fine for when I do need to post anything, this is very rare these days
- Email and surfing: Easy on iOS
- Managing a To Do: Switched to Reminders
In terms of hardware I use the Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard Cover. I find writing on my lap is fine and stable plus I always have a keyboard with me now.
The iPad Pro is pretty much the perfect mobile computer for me, especially running iOS 10.