Recently my Apple Pencil started behaving badly, even though it was connected via Bluetooth it didn't respond to screen input. The only way to fix it was to plug it into the lighting port and re-pair.
I lived with this for a few weeks but then got to the point where I was doing it 4 or 5 times a day. If you are having similar problems then this guide might be useful.
Here is what I did
- Head over to the Apple Support Portal
- Log in with your Apple ID
- Any purchase made against that ID should now be visible. If it isn't you can register the serial number
- Click on the arrow next to the Apple Pencil
- Next to Repairs and Service Coverage click Set up a repair
- I'd suggest selecting the option of getting Apple Care to call you back
For me, I explained the problem I was experiencing and it was deemed that a replacement was needed.
I was asked for my address to sort out a UPS delivery and to pay £79.99 as a holding charge in case mine never got back to them.
The next day I had a new Apple Pencil.
I then simply dropped my old one off at a UPS drop off centre and I was done.
Let me know if you have had any problems with your Apple Pencil.