I love looking at home screens and understanding how other people use their main devices. To kick this off I thought I'd share my current iPhone 7 one.
Most used apps
- Calendar: I use the app that comes with iOS. I find it reliable and gives me a clear week by week view of how busy I am. I also like to use it's UP NEXT widget to let me quickly see what I have coming up
- Mail: Even though I use Gmail as my primary mail provider I use the standard app that comes with iOS. Sync isn't the greatest when using Gmail but I like its calendar integration and simple design
- Photos: As an iCloud Photo Library user I use Photos to manage my library across all devices
- Notes: iOS 9 gave us a great update to Notes and it's become my go to notes app
- Google Maps: I'm in the middle of a story about why I use it but generally I find the location information to be superior to Apple Maps
- Day One: I use the older (classic) app version that syncs with iCloud. It's been fulfilling writing a journal almost everyday since 2011 and I'd recommend you all try it (I'm writing a story about how I do it)
- Social apps: Instagram and Twitter are are my go to social networks but I use Facebook for friends and Slack for keeping in touch with communities I'm part of
- Ulysses: When I'm writing up stories I do it in markdown within Ulysses. It's got a dark mode, clean UI and a way to organise your documents within a folder structure
- Blog (by squarespace): This is how I update and post to this site on the go
- Music: I'm an Apple Music subscriber and find it to the best (for me) having tried most of the services available
- Overcast: My podcast app of choice
That's my current setup, please let me know how you use your device and setup your homescreen in the comments.