There are various ways to back up your Photo library, be it via Time Machine or copying the library file out to an external drive but for this post I am going to let you know how I recently exported all of my images and videos individually.
I'm using a few devices so I have iCloud Photo Library turned on, this isn't necessary to complete this guide but I wanted to let you know how I'm using it.
- If you are using iCloud Photo Library make sure that all of your images and video are current I.e. they are all downloaded in their full resolution locally
- Make sure you select your Photos icon on the left hand pane
- Click Edit then Select All, this makes sure that all of your photos and videos are included in the export
- Click File then Export then Export X items where X is the number you have selected
- You can then select your preferences (mine are below) and click Export
- Be patient, this can take a while if you have selected a large number of images/videos