The makers of Wunderlist have today released an update that along with (hopefully) fixing my duplicate reminders have made a change to the Glance on the Apple Watch. This prompted me to think about my usage of the service and write up a little UI guide on how to use Wunderlist on your Apple Watch.
Why do I want to use it?
Well for me there are three reasons:
- Being able to see notifications
- See my lists when I am out and about E.g having a shopping list
- Being able to use the glance to see what I have left to do today
The glance is accessible by swiping up on the watchface and with the latest update it shows me
- How many items I have left (top left)
- Up to four of my to do items, tapping any of them brings me into the app (the UI is a little confusing showing a tickbox given I can't complete any from the glance)
The app layout is really nice and pretty intuitive, rememeber to scroll down to see all of your lists. Also note that if you have more than one list with the same (say in two different parent folders) you will see them duplicated in this list. On the subject of lists you can also show/hide them within the iOS app settings.
You are presented with four buttons
- Starred items
- Anything assigned to me
Tapping any of these lets you complete.
Take note that you can't create new items on the Apple Watch.
Overall I've been enjoying using Wunderlist on the Apple Watch and I'm hopeful with the latest updates that those pesky duplicated reminders will be a thing of the past and I can really get into using it full time.